Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Beauty Haul! NYX, Real Techniques, Milani

Whenever I am having a bad day, I find it necessary to go out and treat myself to some new makeup goodies. It definitely is difficult to do when you're on a college budget, but I had a visa giftcard that I got from my birthday and hadn't used yet.
I had been lusting after some Real Techniques brushes for a long time. I used my sister's powder brush from them and I knew I had to get it. It was so soft and fluffy!
I have recently been dealing with some roommate drama and I needed to get out of my house, so I headed to ulta with my giftcard in tow. When I got to ulta, I was so happy to see that the Real Techniques brushes were buy one, get one 50% off!
In total, I bought four brushes, two of which were half price. I bought their powder brush, blush brush, expert face brush, and finally the stippling brush. I have already used all of these brushes and I love them so much. Has anyone ever just laid there running a soft makeup brush on there face. No? Yeah me neither...
Since I bought a stippling brush, I had to buy a cream blush, right? Just trying to justify my purchases, come on help me out over here. Anyway, I don't have a large blush collection and I've been gravitating to oranges but I don't have any so alas, more of a reason to buy this blush! I've heard really good things about NYX cream blushes, so I found the bright orange and went with it. This blush is so extremely pigmented, it's kind of scary, but in a good way.

 I can't really justify this Milani purchase, except for the fact that I was on an orange high and needed another orange blush! This one is more of a coral-y color, hence the name Corallina. This is also a really pigmented blush, however it does have a lot of glitter-not shimmer-glitter, and I know that a lot of people don't like that in their blushes. But I like it so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment