Wednesday, December 12, 2012

❄ Holly Jolly Tag 2 ❄


1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
It all depends on who I'm shopping for really. I don't ever like to wait until the last minute because I typically buy my presents online because I get all my best ideas as I'm shopping on my computer late at night. Buying gifts online gives me the motivation not to wait until the last minute because I want it to get here in enough time with no shipping delays. I would say my Christmas shopping normally starts around Thanksgiving.

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
My all time favorite Christmas movie is It's a Wonderful Life. As a tradition my family watches it every Christmas Eve together. So I guess I would be Mary in that movie because George Bailey is a babe.

3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
I think Christmas Eve mainly just because there is so much anticipation and all of this build up towards Christmas and that's probably the best part.

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
Since I'm away at college when I went back to my parents for Thanksgiving, my mom and I put up and decorated the tree on the Friday after Thanksgiving.

5. White lights or colored lights?
The lights I have are white just because I like how crisp and beautiful they look. I love going around and looking at everyone's light displays and I really like the colorful lights so I guess I just like both for different looks.

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I don't peek at my gifts but I don't really like surprises.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Gingerbread house hands down. Just imagine how amazing it would smell in there. Granted you'd probably want to eat your house but you win some, you lose some.

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
My family and I watch It's a Wonderful Life together before we go to midnight mass and then when we get home from mass, we open our gifts since it's after midnight and technically Christmas. We open our gifts when we get home so that we get to sleep in on Christmas day because we are just getting too darn old to wake up early for Santa.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
HA! uh...Ryan Gosling or JGL or whoever.

10. What tops your tree?
My mom's tree is a silver and blue angel that was my great-grandmother's. On my little tree here, I just have a blue star that was a dollar at target, until I can find one I really like.

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
No. I could say yes and look it up since I'm typing this out but there's no fun in that.

12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
Probably, I don't remember but part of me thinks I did once or twice as a child.

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
Heck yes. Advent calendar and all! 12 til Christmas Eve and 13 til Christmas day!

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
When I was younger my neighbor would make us the best peanut butter fudge and we decided to try and recreate it this year which I'm really stoked about. We also like to make homemade sugar cookies and gingerbread men. Now I want some cookies....

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
Um heck yeah. It's different in the sense that I sleep in on Christmas and wake up when I wake up as opposed to waking up at 5 to see what Santa brought me. I'm probably a little more stoked on Christmas now that I'm older because I get to decorate my apartment and buy a bunch of little knick knacky decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment