Wednesday, December 12, 2012

OOTD Have a Holly Jolly Christmas

Today was my last day of classes for the semester and my last day of final exams. I hate this time of the year (school-wise), so I decided to cheer myself up and dress with Christmas spirit. 
I absolutely love the holidays--mainly just Halloween and Christmas--so I thought I would put my love on display for my classmates to see since I won't be seeing them anymore (hallelujah! just kidding...not really).
 First things first, these are the basics of what I'm wearing--no festiveness added. I think this is a cute outfit in itself and will definitely be rocking it with a red lip soon.

My top is from forever 21 and I got it mainly because I like the cut and fit of it, it's black (aka my whole wardrobe), and it kind of reminds me of Olivia Newton-John circa badass Sandy. Those are naturally all the requirements I look for when shopping for clothes (kind of kidding but whatever).
 Here is the festiveness guys, an amazing silver Santa vest. I hate to be that person and tell you that my vest was thrifted but it was thrifted. Honestly though, you can find these sweet little vests anywhere. I probably paid to much for this one at a thrift store but I couldn't say no, you know? Although, I haven't ever seen them at a goodwill near me, a lot of my friends have been able to find them there. I would check church thrift stores and garage sales. I found an awesome Halloween one at a garage sale for one dollar and it was a heavenly moment.
 Again, I'm going to be that person, but my shorts were thrifted. I'm almost positive that I got these for one dollar which is all I can dream for. They are Levi's and were jeans in a previous life but I destroyed them into the masterpiece they are today. Basically just chopped off the legs and took some sandpaper to them for a couple hours. I was originally going to make them high-waist never nudes but I really like the way that cuffed shorts look on me.

My amazing tights are from surprise surprise, forever 21. I love these little dittys to throw on under some shorts or skirts when I don't want to bare all of that skin. These were somewhere in the 3-5 dollar price range which isn't too bad, they won't last long but then again they were 3 dollars so who is the winner here. I love (again) that they are black and I'm really digging the lace details. 
My amazing Dorothy-esque shoes are from journey's but they are vans (as you can quite obviously tell). I don't have a whole lot to say about these other than the fact that I love them because they are so glittery and because my inner Dorothy comes out when I'm wearing them.  
I went with a more minimal eye look because I couldn't decide if I wanted to wear red lipstick, but I was running late and still couldn't decide so I just rushed myself out the door. I used the Maybelline Cozy Cashemre palette for my eye look (you can't really tell at all in this picture but just go with it) and I, of course, had to do winged eyeliner. 

I kept my hair natural because we've been having crappy Florida weather these past couple of days and it's been mildly hot, which it hasn't been too bad, but the humidity has been through the roof. Rain and humidity drain all hair motivation from my life. There's no point in styling my hair any differently in this type of weather because it will end up curly/wavy like this again. 
I wanted to throw in a picture of my newest project. I feel like I've finally gotten the hang of purling and I wanted to give myself some extra practice so I'm making a scarf. I'm not a professional or anything but I like doing this and I want to get better at it. I'm pretty proud of myself though because I'm mainly self taught and that's not an easy feat, granted I only know two stitches but baby steps people.

Besides the crappy weather, I'm starting to finally feel a little Christmas-y. Working on some knitting whilst I've got a Christmas vinyl playing in the background is a great time, very de-stressing and it takes your mind off of things for a while which is definitely nice and needed. Have a great holiday time!

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment