Monday, December 10, 2012

OOTD Cozy Lumberjack

When I think finals week, I think about comfort. When I'm reviewing for my exams in class I want to be as comfortable as possible because chances are, I would rather be laying in my comfy bed watching episodes of freaks and geeks (my latest television obsession). 

Today's outfit is very simple and honestly quite thrown together. But sometimes I find that the best outfits are the ones that you either tweak or throw on at the last minute because your first option from last night seems way uglier in the morning. Not that you can really tell but I definitely had plenty of time to get ready this morning. I try to give myself as much time as possible in the mornings to get ready because I like to lolligag and take my dear sweet time when getting ready.
My top is from Pacsun, unfortunately it is no longer on the website--it was on there for one week which is such a bummer. But I was able to snag it up for 18$ when it debuted on the site at $42-ish.

My bottoms are--wait for it--leggings from target (they were on sale for 5$ and are literally the comfiest leggings that I have come across.) See the things is, I used to be very adament about not wearing leggings as pants but then I grew up. Seriously though, I can get away with it in this outfit because my shirt is long enough to cover my bum and I feel like that justifies my choices.

I've never been a huge shoe person, but unfortunately I have had change of heart and I have decided that I really like shoes right now. That's not a great revelation when you're on a college budget but what can you do?

These combat boots are my favorite shoes all around at the moment. They're Steve Madden but honestly I got them at Bealls a couple years ago for a really decent price. However, it wasn't really until late this year that I fell in love with them and decided I would wear them everyday. Okay not every day but pretty damn close.

Here's a cute little collage (because I'm obsessed with collages) of my shoes for the day! As you can see they're pretty standard tall, black combat boots. They lace up in the front but there's a gold zipper along the back so that you can slip your feet into these when you're in a rush. And of course, even though you can't see my socks, I still had to wear some cute ones under my boots. Sometimes cute socks make me feel better about myself and maybe these black and white striped hello kitty socks made me happy this morning--hey, no judging!
I took this picture of my makeup before I jetted off to class (was a little late but there's always time to take a picture of yourself right?) so it's slightly blurry and a little washed out but you get the picture (heh) right. I went for a smoky eye because why not? It's not something that I normally do so I decided to reach out of my comfort zone and try something new. Of course, it's a pretty subtle smoky eye nothing too dramatic, but I still felt adventurous. I kept my lips blank and moisturized because I've been rocking the red lip almost everyday and I figured that my lips could use a moisture break before they fall off.

My outfit is far from anything spectatular today but it's kind of fun to photograph your outfits and write about them pretending that you know anything about fashion (I'm definitely not calling this outfit fashion). Plus, I have to spend my time doing something other than studying for finals right?

Thanks for having a look and making it this far (if you read the whole thing, you're a saint!)
Queen Procrastinator aka Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment